Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Road Trip to Vancouver BC

Between middle school and high school, I took several trips with the school band across the border to Canada for band festivals. Every trip was a fantastic time, and every time I left, I longed to return. One summer day, I especially realized just how much I missed it, and started writing. Envisioning an indie-rock sound, I decided to go avant-garde with some lyrics, making references to some of the more illicit reasons one might want to go to Canada. In retrospect, I'm not sure what I think of the song. If nothing else, it's a fun change of pace.
(Written on May 26, 2009)

When this old life is getting you down.
Nothing left to do in this old town.
Come along with me,
Come see.
It's time to hit the road and get around.

That rental car's a keeper,
but the Greyhound bus is cheaper.
Won't you take I-5 across the border with me
On a road trip to Vancouver, BC.

Once you see this town, you're gonna smile.
We'll find a pub and just sit a while.
A few loonies here,
Some toonies there.
It doesn't cost a lot to go in style.

We'll hit the highs, forget the lows,
Until a mounty tells us no.
You'll see everything there is to see
On our road trip to Vancouver, BC.

I just know you're gonna love this place.
I can't wait to see the look on your face.
Go anywhere
Without a care.
We'll take it all in at our own pace.

And then if you wanna stay,
Then we can take another day.
I promise you you'll never wanna leave
Our road trip to Vancouver, BC.

No comments:

Post a Comment