Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Dreaming

During my sophomore year in high school, I began to seek out different methods of stress management when my school workload, coupled with troubles at home, became overwhelming for me. A friend of mine suggested a meditation regimen. To help me, I found quite a few pieces of relaxation music. One piece in particular: a piece by Wayne Gratz called "Rain On the Pond", stood out to me as a musical masterpiece, and although the meditation regimen didn't last long, I definitely found a good friend in relaxation music. Later in my sophomore year, my language arts class held a poetry unit. This piece came back to me, and I realized that I could probably write a nice poem/song set to its tune. I'm very pleased with the result.
(Written in August 2006)

A pinwheel twirls
Rain falls on the sad little boys and girls
In a quiet world.
Not for even one day
Will the clouds go away.

Somewhere, there lies
A world of incantation.
A vacation.
This fairy tale, it seems,
Lives only in dreams.
So I'll close my eyes in prayer
That a slumber takes me there.

Endless sunny days.
Cloudy skies have gone away.
At the break of the day,
Bluebirds in the trees
Sing a cabaret.

Forever,
And ever.

Seagulls flying overhead,
Are singing the praise an angel sent.
A magic world of such surprise.
I can't believe my eyes.

Blue lakes in the distance shine
With the light of a thousand suns.
Red rocks in the distance.
I'll climb the tallest one.

World of magic.
Fantastic.
A world I never knew.
Could this be a dream come true?

As I rise, I long for when
I will get to dream again.

No comments:

Post a Comment