Friday, December 28, 2012

If Only

(Written January 2004, completed December 22, 2012)

If only I could talk to you without
stumbling every time.
If only I could tell you how I
feel deep inside.
If only you knew how I could
keep you satisfied.
If only you were mine.

If only I could find a way to
let my feelings show.
If only I could make the room to
let these feelings grow.
If only I could say these words that
haunt me head to toe.
If only you could know.

But the words still haunt my heart.
And the silence still keeps me away.
I love you. That's all I want to say.
Why is that so hard?

If silence wasn't golden, then
I'd still richer be,
Even all the poorer, 'cause
you would be with me.
And then we'd share the wealth,
Until the end of time.
If only you were mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment